Did you know that choosing beds for kids is an important part of your child’s health and development? Changing from a crib to a child’s bed is crucial since you need to let the child learn independence. Aside from that, as a family, you need to have privacy between your child and your partner as a couple. This article talks about the different guidelines on choosing beds for kids.
How to choose the style of the bed for your child’s bedroom:
This aspect always depends on the size and build of the bedroom. Make sure to measure the available space the room has first before purchasing. Always select a bed style to complement the room. If the room lacks space and needs more compartments, you can go for a kid’s bunk bed with desk or a kid’s loft bed with desk. If you need a larger bed for taller kids, purchasing a king single storage bed might be a good option.
Listed below are several key tips to keep in mind while shopping for beds for kids:
- Choose the right size for the beds. Consider also the future when your kid grows up. They may have friends over to stay or they will probably grow bigger and taller.
- Give your child a role in choosing a store and choosing the mattress and bed, but do not overwhelm them. Make sure you can give them practical options.
- Never purchase a mattress basing totally on the price tag. Quality beds do not necessarily come with a hefty price. Focus on the support and feel of the bed and see if the price is reasonable enough by comparing other model’s prices to your choice. Fitting Furniture
- Do your homework and research brands which are known for quality bed framework. You can check the internet on mattress and bed manufacturers, testimonials and reviews of previous customers, and other sources to know the features of your choice mattress. For example, you can check the coil count, box spring, mattress thickness, foam density, and other aspects.
- Did you know that firmer mattresses encourage good bone growth and spinal alignment in growing kids? This is why most pediatricians recommend high-density foam mattresses for your child’s growing bones and spine. Aside from the bone health, you should take care that the mattress and bed you choose will not disturb the kid’s sound sleep since sleep helps them grow taller during their developmental stage.
- Decorative bed frames might be nice to look at, but always choose a bed with the mattress in mind first. Never compromise comfort, support, and quality by choosing the physical aspect of the bed first.
- If you’re on a tight budget, going for a hand me down mattress might come across your mind as an option. For a growing and developing child, this is an unhealthy choice. Give your child the best quality they deserve, but if you can’t, never settle for used garage sale mattresses. You can buy a not-so-high-quality mattress for the meantime and save up for a better one in the future.